Careers at PMR
Exciting new careers at PMR! We are a fast-growing company with multiple opportunities available in the Tucson, Phoenix, and Coachella Valley areas.
For over 50 years, Precious Metals Refinery (PMR) has been buying diamonds, jewelry, gold, silver, platinum, watches, and coins. Our mission is to give our customers the most for their valuables while giving them an unparalleled customer experience.
Precious Metals Refinery is looking for motivated individuals to be an integral part of our team! We strive to provide the best-in-class customer experience and are looking for driven professionals who have good positive energy, are eager to learn, are passionate, and ready to grow with us for the long run.
Jewelry Sales Associate
- Previous experience in retail (jewelry experience a big plus), customer service, or other related fields
- Experience with cash handling
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, happy, and genuine customer-focused approach to delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Unwavering integrity and honesty with strong work ethic and morals
- Fast learner and detail oriented
- Computer knowledge
- Works well with others
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a busy environment
- Buying & Selling Jewelry, Silver, Gold, Diamonds, Watches
- Welcome customers and answer questions with a friendly, positive attitude
- Keeping the workplace clean and tidy so it is inviting for guests
- Confidently analyze pieces that customers bring in, handling fragile items with care
- Showing guests valuable pieces of jewelry and coins
- Following up with customers post sale to build rapport, bringing further business opportunities
- Handle equipment daily, such as scale, digital microscope, diamond testing and evaluation tools, acid testing and x-ray equipment. All tools must be handled with care
- Preparing necessary documents for appropriate departments
- Restock supplies when low
PMR benefits are as followed:
- 5 sick days (40 hours) hours available to use after 90 days of employment
- 3 days’ vacation (24 hours) available to use after 1 year of employment plus 5 paid holidays
- Vacation increases after 2 years to 5 vacation days, 4 years to 7 vacation days, 5 years to 9 vacation days
- Vacation accrual is based on how many years you have been with the company as of January 1st of each year.
- The first day of the month following the 60 days of employment, you become eligible to enroll in PMR health insurance plan where PMR offers to pay half of the medical insurance premium.
- Dental and vision benefits are also available for enrollment at this time.
- HSA available
- Sick time will carry over to the following year. Vacation will not.
*Criminal background check required
*Must be able to provide current driver’s license.
Store hours are Monday-Saturday 10:00am- 6:00pm